C. Edward Dixon Laboratory
The principal goal of the C. Edward Dixon Laboratory is to conduct research leading to improved care of TBI patients.
The Lab seeks to achieve this goal by:
- Conducting mechanistic research on TBI pathophysiology
- Developing clinically-relevant animals models
- Screening novel therapies
- Training the next generation of TBI scientists
- Maximizing trans-disciplinary collaborations
- Translating treatment strategies for clinical evaluation.
- Effects of TBI on striatal DA signaling.
- Effects of TBI on SNARE proteins
- Effects of repetitive closed head impact mild TBI in rats
- Operation Brain Trauma Therapy (OBTT)
- Behavioral Outcomes Core
- DHA and fish oil
- Industry Sponsored Pharmaceutical Screening
- Mild TBI models
- Military relevant models for TBI